The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) will have officers for 2021. The newly elected officers will take up their duties on January 1, 2021.
Members of the Association of Supervisors have chosen these leaders for the new year:
President: Florida Insurance Commissioner David Altmaier
Altmaier was appointed as a Commissioner of the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) by the Financial Services Commission on April 29, 2016. Altmaier began his public service with OIR in 2008, where he held a number of positions, including Chief Analyst of the Property and Casualty Financial Oversight Unit and Deputy Commissioner of Property and Casualty Insurance.
Altmaier succeeds Ray Farmer, President of NAIC and Director of Insurance in South Carolina.
President-elect: Dean L. Cameron, Idaho Insurance Director
Cameron was appointed director of the Department of Insurance by the Idaho Governor C.L. "Butch" Otter. He took office on June 15, 2015. At the time of his appointment as director, Cameron was serving his 13th term as Senator for District 27 as the senior member of the Idaho Senate.
Vice President: Chlora Lindley-Myers, Missouri Insurance Director
Lindley-Myers was named director of the Missouri Department of Commerce and Insurance on March 6, 2017. She has held a variety of leadership roles in the legislative, judicial and executive branches of government. In addition to Missouri, she has worked for both the Kentucky Department of Insurance and the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, as well as the NAIC. Lindley-Myers is licensed to practice law in several states, including Missouri. She has won the Robert Dineen Award and the Al Greer Award.
Secretary-Treasurer: Andrew Mais, Connecticut Insurance Commissioner
Maize was nominated by Governor Ned Lamont as Connecticut's 33rd Insurance Commissioner and began March 4, 2019. Prior to becoming a Commissioner, Mais was a member of Deloitte's Center for Financial Services, which focused primarily on the insurance industry from a global perspective. Before joining Deloitte, Mais was a director at the New York State Insurance Department (NYSID). He served four governors as part of NYSID's senior management team at numerous events, including the 2008 financial crisis and major state and federal changes in health insurance regulations and laws. Prior to joining NYSID, he was a director of a Connecticut nonprofit.
NAIC members also chose 2021 Zone Officers at the Fall National Meeting.
- Commissioner Jessica A. Altman – Chairman, Pennsylvania
- Commissioner Gary D. Anderson – Vice Chairman, Massachusetts
- Commissioner Kathleen A. Birrane – Secretary – Treasurer, Maryland
- Commissioner Jim L. Ridling – Chairman, Alabama
- Commissioner Mike Chaney – Vice Chairman, Mississippi
- Commissioner James J. Donelon – Secretary – Treasurer, Louisiana
- Director Larry D. Deiter – Chairman, South Dakota
- Commissioner Glen Mulready – Vice President, Oklahoma
- Commissioner Doug Ommen – Secretary – Treasurer, Iowa
- Director Lori K. Wing-Heier – Chairman, Alaska
- Commissioner Michael Conway – Vice Chairman, Colorado
- Commissioner Andrew R. Stolfi – Secretary-Treasurer, Oregon
The most important insurance news, delivered to your inbox every working day.
Receive the trusted newsletter from the insurance industry